March 11, 2012

Quarterly Resolution Check In

While the seal is drying on the grout I thought it would be a good idea to look back on my resolutions post in January and see how I am doing so far. New Years resolutions are often left behind after the first few months...at least they are with me... so I wanted to own up to it and see how I am doing so far.

First off, I committed to getting in shape and staying healthy. I am proud to admit that I am definitely in better shape than I was in January but not without a few roadblocks. I have noticed over the past few months that my body is not responding the way it usually does when I work out and watch my calories. In fact, I gained weight! I soon realized that I was only partially committed to getting in shape. Sure I went to the gym but I wouldn't really push myself there. Getting to the gym is half the battle. The next hurdle is actually doing something meaningful while you are there. It took me awhile to admit that so now I am finally pushing myself. I started with intervals sprints and inclined walking but I have since started running 5Ks or more to really kick it into gear. It helps that the weather is getting nicer and the days are getting longer. :)

Yes, I now realize those ear muff speakers look ridiculous
It also helps that my hubby has been kicking it up a notch. He has lost over 10 pounds and I couldn't be more proud of him for staying focused and committed...which in turns helps me to do so as well.


My second resolution has been to get more organized. Well I am sad to report that I have done nothing to help this cause...until this week. :) I always say how I want a mail/bills/important document system but never really come through. We also have very limited space in our 1,000 square foot house so we really need to get our closets in order as well. As part of Katie and Sherry's Pinterest Challenge, I will be tackling this resolution this week and I hope to report back some great ways I helped us get a little more organized.




My last resolution was to work on this blog. Well I am happy to report that I am actually doing pretty well with staying consistent on the number of posts I make a week. This has actually helped me to get things completed faster (or just in general). Plus I love that it has been a way for my friends and family to keep up with our little adventures and projects. This blog has also been theraputic and I look forward to documenting all the fun projects we have planned now that the weather is getting warmer and warmer by the minute!

So thats it. I probably give myself a B+. I have definitely made some strides in staying healthy and working on this blog but the organization has been basically nonexistent. I leave you with your weekly dose of our pup James as he unwinds from a busy day of chasing the ball, laying in the sun and chewing on bones.

Did you make any new years resolutions? More importantly, have you been sticking to them? It's definitely tough but it is nice when you actually work on them.

ps: my dog has it made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...